Pages

01/06/2010

A still life and a nature morte.

This is Sister 3's entry for Tara's Gallery at Sticky Fingers. This week's theme is Still Lives.

This week I was over at Marianne's - the real third sister - when I found out what the theme was.

I was dismayed.

You see I always try to treat  Tara's themes with humour or irony. It's my editorial policy, says Marianne.


But this week's theme presented a fairly big problem: in French, a still life is a Nature Morte which sounds just like the opposite of still life ... and yet, means exactly the same.


So once again, as with the seven deadly sins, I found my idea through the esprit de famille:

Really not funny, but plenty of irony there...

Pfff, what an editorial policy!

And I had some beautiful strawberries that would have been perfect!
Ah, I'll put them on anyway, pour le plaisir...



Oh, one last thing. If you liked this post, would you mind terribly clicking on the RSS feed, here, or the Google connect buttons (top left)? And if you didn't like it, you might still want to look around. There's three of us, you know, so you're (almost) bound to find something you like. And then, if you've still got time, you could share this post or stumble it, or both and get in touch with your local tv station to sing our praises. We'll love you forever.

Posted by Sandrine for Sister 3 (I have just sent her a long email explaining how to upload photos so this should be the last time I sign off like this!) 

9 comments:

@jencull (jen) said...

Actually, that was really effective and just a bit scary (a good healthy kind of scary!). Must go organise my gallery shot now,thanks for the reminder:) Jen.

jfb57 said...

Really powerful entry!
As for following, any chance of an email link rather than a feed? I forget to look at those! :(

Julie Sardinetin said...

Interesting one - definitely a talking point, and quite scary! Fantastic entry.

sister3 said...

Dear all of you, thanks for commenting, I love that you like my photos; dear jen and julie, scary's perfect...as lobg as it takes you away from cigarettes; I just have to explain to my brain now that when I feel tired or nervous, sweets are not that much better then my old cigarettes I threw 6 years and a half ago !
Jfb57 (does that mean 56 other people dare to have the same web identity ? pffff) I have no idea ok what to answer you, so I asked sandrine to do it ! She is the expert one !I understand much more english than all this stuff, so you see how bad I'm at it !
New mummy, you always find the words to make me feel fantastic !

Anonymous said...

Definitely prefer the strawberry photo!!!

CJ xx

sister3 said...

dear crystal, I just can't see why....
Something about the color maybe ?

Anonymous said...

Gosh I don't miss that habit! Cool pictures though! Ooo and I learned a little french along the way! *wink*

Anonymous said...

Ahhh l'ironie française ... maintenant je sais ce qu'il me manque. Ton 'post' (haha là il y'en a aussi pour la discussion) est vraiment super, et je reviendrai te/vous rendre visite souvent à partir de now.
Ravis de vous faire connaissance.
MJM.

sister3 said...

@ kirsty : merci beaucoup !
come next week, and I'll teach you a few others, just ask !
For the "habit" what I don't miss is the smell !
@metajugglamum : je suis aussi ravie de faire ta connaissance, et les 2 affreuses soeurs le seront dès qu'elles liront ton commentaire !
the bright one (Sandrine) might even tell you how to follow us if you wish so !
Mais il faut que je te parle français ou anglais ? ou les 2 ? raconte !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails