Pages

17/10/2010

Une promenade en automne





The weather's been sort of thundery lately. Most days. Sometimes it's so loud it wakes us up in the night. The rain falls hard enough that cars wheels are completely submerged, and there's waves on the roads. Surprisingly, I haven't been suffering from migraines at all (not even that night when I dared to drink red again and overdid it a bit...). For the first time in years I can look at a cloud and not feel threatened. In fact, I'm so confident I've even given the sky the finger once or twice... I'm stronger than you, buster.
But I was worried I wouldn't be able to take my weekly walk with Max. Fortunately, it didn't rain, and without the threat of migraines, I was fully able to appreciate the beauties of the season.


There was a lot of yellow.


And some red

Purple

And only just turning horse chestnuts, crisp brown on the outside, tender green on the inside

And of course it wouldn't be autumn without horse chestnuts!

 
Oh, one last thing. If you liked this post, would you mind terribly clicking on the RSS feed, here, or the Google connect buttons (top left)? And if you didn't like it, you might still want to look around. There's three of us, you know, so you're (almost) bound to find something you like. And then, if you've still got time, you could share this post or stumble it, or both and get in touch with your local tv station to sing our praises. We'll love you forever.

2 comments:

@jencull (jen) said...

Those photos are gorgeous. Autumn is a great time of year for colour. Go you on the migraines, I had a terrible one last night (still recovering today) so it is nice to see someone getting a break from them:) Jen

Sandrine said...

Oh I hope you don't get another one anytime soon. It's funny about the recovery thing, isn't it. A lot of non-sufferers don't realise you actually need to recover from a migraine. And that sometimes the aftermath of a migraine is ... a headache!

Related Posts with Thumbnails